Monday, September 26, 2005

Enter SEV

Saigon, my old stomping grounds. My parents and I landed around 8 and I sent them off to the hotel while I waited to meet the SEV crowd coming in at 10...or so I thought. Turns out, their flight was delayed to midnight so I decided to indulge in an old thrill and grab myself a "xe om" (motorbike guy) and spin around the city. It wasn't 20 seconds of speeding through the chaotic streets of Saigon that I was back in love with my old city.

Hair still windblown, I made it back to the airport in time to welcome the crew off the plane, even had a sign made up. I got to whip out some of my mad Vietnamese negotiating skills and arrange a couple cheap taxis to their hostel. Then I hopped back on my xe om and met them for some 1am brews at the foreigner bar at the top of the backpacker street.



Worlds colliding, head spinning with euphoria, exhileration, and just plain happiness I was back in my element. Surrounded by great friends and fully anticipating another week of exciting adventures to come. Viva la Vie Vacacion!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home