Saturday, October 22, 2005

Paintball B-day

Heart fluttering and stomache knot tightening, I sprang from my crouched position behind the giant inflated bloccade. I heard my own voice echoing in my helmet as I fired a blind spray of ammunition in the direction of Eddie, who was blown helplessly on his back screaming, "AAAhhhgggg Hit, Hit!!" Now on any other day, I would consider Eddie a good friend and I wouldn't dream of targeting him with such aggression...but this was our mutual birthday party and lines of war had been drawn.
We decided that the best way to celebrate a couple of coinciding birthdays with our closest friends was by spending an afternoon painfully assaulting each other with paint artillery. I admit I haven't had such a fun birthday since Ronald McDonald came to my 6th b-day celebration...and I assaulted him with french fries.

Eddie and I each got to be team captains and after 8 rounds of elimination and capture the flag games my team came out on top 5 to 3. I owe it to my heroic self-sacrificing. I pushed my team to glorious victory by drawing fire so that my commrades could advance. We spent nearly 3 hours and blew off at least 1,500 paint bullets, at least 5 of which left their mark on my corpus as nice green and purple bruises. Battle wounds we all proudly displayed to our students the next week. "OOOOH Teacher, very ouch. very good"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. i am the worst friend in the world, i cannot believe i forgot your birthday!! i'm seriously crying here. holy cow. i owe you a big fat birthday cake!! booo!! i cannot believe myself!!!! :=o(

well i'm so super glad you had a fantastic birthday shooting friends with bullets of paint! yay for fun times! ok, i'm going to write you an actual email now. toodles!
xoxoxobreng

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

##NAME##, today I was looking for a nice blogsite onhand gun paintball gun and I found your website. ##TITLE## wasn'texactly what I was looking for but it did get myattention and interest. I see why I arrived on yourexcellent website when I was searching for hand gun paintball gunrelated information and I'm glad I did even thoughits not an exact fit. Excellent Post, thanks for theread and cool info.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home