Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Osaka it to me (sorry that's lame)

Despite the incongruous lameness of my title, my trip to Osaka was anything but feeble. In fact, by all accounts, it was quite robust and nimble. Take for example the way I sprung off the plane, as if with rubber soles, and bounced smack into a small Japanese gentleman in a suit and hat. To make matters even more turbulent I automatically apologized to him in Korean, he looked none too pleased with this cultural faux pas.

But, on to more interesting and less embarrassing stories! Day one: after getting my visa hoopla out of the way I threaded myself throught the weave and tangle of the Osaka Kintetsu Transit to the Aquarium! It was WELL worth the trip as I was amused and enchanted by the sight of both schools of fish...


as well as schools of children...


That evening Cecilia, my lovely friend and hostest from Kansas (on the JET program), and I went for the obligatory conveyor belt sushi! At 100yen a plate I ate no less than 18 pieces...and 3 melon slices. Could have had more...but felt a bit embarrassed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home