Monday, December 06, 2004

Jazzy

Traveling around the world I have gone to many cultural events, official ceremonies and holiday celebrations. I've had the privilege of attending a water puppet show in Hanoi, a bull fight in Madrid, a performance of "Phantom of the Opera" in London, a Gaellic football match in Kilarney, among others. So of course, here in Seoul, how could I possibly turn down the opportunity to see a world class performer play his own style of traditional music.

And if this particular artist also happened to have been someone of mid-level fame in the circuit of late '80s afterschool sitcoms, well, all the more reason to attend the performance. And if said performance just happend to be taking place at the opening of new club, in one of the hottest night districts in Seoul, well then... I don't feel it necessary to add anymore qualifications: Last Friday night-


I saw DJ Jazzy Jeff!!! Ha!! jealous? bet you are!
That's right, Jazz himself, the Fresh Prince's right hand man! He's still alive and spinning! The boy from Phillie who Didn't sell out. The same ol' loveable Jazz who was constantly suffering Uncle Phil's wrath (typically by physical expulsion from the house at least once every episode *"AAARRGHHH"*). The same delightful ne'erdowell who loved Hilary almost as much as fried chicken and greasy cheese-steaks in a paper bag.
Who among us didn't practice in the halls of their middles school the low-five so oft exchanged between Will and Jazz ?*smack* "PSSHHHHH". C'mon you know what I'm talking about ...or you maybe didn't grow up in America during the early 90's...or you were one of those wierd kids who's parents only let them watch the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet (which incidently is the only channel I get here in English- but I digress)
So yes, I stood in close proximity to a second banana from a hit TV show that predates any of the Justin Timberlake albums...what can I say? Justin wasn't giving a concert that night, and even if he was, I'd probably STILL take Jazzy Jeff over that prettyboy. word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home